Carpet Cleaning Grease Stains is inevitable during the summer. It’s that time of year when our husbands, boyfriends, dads and brothers are outside working on the cars. Whether you encounter cooking grease or machinery grease, these methods are a few things you can do when cleaning grease stains out of carpet.
How to Remove Grease Stains from Carpet – METHOD # 1
- Blot up as much of the grease stain as possible; you’ll then want to apply a substance like cornmeal, since it acts as an absorbent.
- Take a brush with stiff bristles and brush the stain to break it up.
- If the grease is still visible, apply a dry-cleaning solvent (Afta Cleaning Fluid is a good one to try) using a clean sponge.
- Apply a dry spotter to the stained area. A dry spotter is made by combining 8 parts liquid dry-cleaning solvent and 1-part coconut oil. Mineral oil, though not as effective, can also be substituted for coconut oil.
- Using an absorbent pad, cover the stain with more dry spotter.
- As the pad continues to pick up the stain, you’ll see that this answers the question of how to remove grease stains from carpet.
Cleaning Grease Stains – METHOD # 2
- Using a bit of water, sponge the stain.
- Apply a few drops of white vinegar, along with a wet spotter. A wet spotter is made of one part dishwashing detergent, one part glycerine and eight parts water (shake it well and store in a plastic water bottle).
- Pour a generous amount of wet spotter onto an absorbent pad. Place the pad directly onto the grease stain.
- Change the absorbent pad as the grease stain gradually disappears.
- You can repeat steps 1 through 3, flushing the grease stain with water.
Grease Stains – METHOD # 3
- Mix one cup of warm water with ¼ cup of mild liquid dish soap.
- Dip a cloth in this solution and then put pressure on the grease stain.
- Leave the solution on the spill for five minutes.
- Using a clean cloth, blot the stain. It should begin to lift off the carpet and onto the cloth.
- Once the stain is no longer visible, place a few paper towels over the area. Hold them down with a heavy object and leave overnight to absorb any remaining liquid.
So the next time you encounter a grease stain, either from cooking or from your car, don’t sweat it. How to get grease out of carpet is a problem you can tackle with a few do-it-yourself remedies.