Homemade carpet cleaning solutions are made with ingredients that are typically found in your home. If you are going to attempt cleaning the carpet on your own, why not make your own homemade carpet cleaning solution?
1. Carpet Cleaner and Conditioner
- 2 Tbsp liquid laundry detergent
- 1/4 cup liquid all-purpose cleaner
- 1 scoop of OxiClean
- 1 tsp fabric softener
- 1 gallon hot water
This homemade carpet cleaner and conditioner is the most similar to a commercial cleaner. Further, it will leave your carpet clean, fresh, soft and smelling great. To make this cleaner, combine all ingredients in a bucket.
2. Aromatic Non-Toxic Carpet Cleaner
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 15 drops of essential oil (lemon, lavender or pine)
Non-toxic homemade carpet cleaners are ideal for families with kids and pets. Plus, it smells great!
3. Simple Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- Simply mix equal parts of hot water and window cleaner, such as Windex.
Window cleaner isn’t just for windows anymore. You can actually mix it with water to make a cheap and effective homemade carpet cleaner for the house, car and elsewhere.
4. Lemon and Peroxide Cleaner
- Pour 3/4 cup peroxide in a bucket
- Add 1 1/2 cups water
- Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil
Hydrogen peroxide is a powerful cleaner, and lemon is a grease-cutting cleaner that makes everything smell great. These two simple ingredients can be combined to make a homemade carpet cleaner.
It’s that simple. The time to make your own homemade cleaning solution takes just a few minutes. For more DIY carpet cleaning solutions, click here.